movie starscream hands and neck, ratchet mods

purple-bot

Starscream

starscream.jpg

i cut off his head and drilled a hole, then widend the hole on the bottom oh his head,

then i used a stickfas ball joint and shaved it down to fit into the holes,

now he has a posable head

i made some hands out of wire and styrene tubing,

Ratchet

ratchet.jpg

1 - ratchet has movable thumbs, but there is no room for them to move, so i cut away some plastic,

and now he can move his thumbs, a minor step towards a better figure

2 - ratchet needed a gun, and didnt need an axe thingy,

A- unfold the axe from arm,dont open the axe blade

B- rotate arm 180 degrees so the axe sits above the arm (already looks like a gun)

C- put the small gun part from energon arcee into the axe

D- then hold the axe shut with a part from a 'zoids' ligerzero

3 - cut a slot into the hole on ratchets back,(the hole which holds the roof rack)

this will allow the roof rack to be put into the hole facing up, (when split open, the rack rests on the tires on his shoulders)

4 - i cut away the excess plastic around the 'hydraulic cylinder' on the front of ratchets ankle,

this just makes it look slightly more mechanical

and ive just started the paintjob

Um...Ratchet's roof rack can be put on without any modifications.

If you look at the picture (which is blurry, I apologize...) you can see that the rack is on and upwards without any modifications. I've drilled and cut nothing.

Plus it rests over his shoulders like in the movie.

post-3164-1185135955_thumb.jpg

oh i know

but if you look at the peg on the rook rack, there is a notch on 1 side of it, so it will fit in a straight position,

the hole on his back has the notch, but in the opposite direction, so if you carve the slice into the oppposite side you will have a better grip on it than just putting it into the hole inverted(it will not go in all the way)

just so it doesnt fall out as easy

i the ratchet gun mod. gonna have to try that....thanks :thumb

Archived