MP-03 Starscream Pics in September Dengeki Hobby

MISP Steve

i guess the point is -

LMH - i think it was Pat Lee who invented the turbine nips but until then they were just gaping holes. so at least they figured something mechanical was inside those holes. this is no worse than Megatron with Jayleno's chin and teeth and spittle.

I'd hate you to think that I'm actually looking for an explanation for this stuff as if it weren't just a comic book :tflaugh I get "embellishment." ;)

re: the conehead seekers, your basic jet needs not just wings but tail fins / ailerons for attitude control (i.e. turning, takeoff/landing and stuff). I don't know how any of those guys would get off the ground.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i guess the point is -

LMH - i think it was Pat Lee who invented the turbine nips but until then they were just gaping holes. so at least they figured something mechanical was inside those holes. this is no worse than Megatron with Jayleno's chin and teeth and spittle.

I'd hate you to think that I'm actually looking for an explanation for this stuff as if it weren't just a comic book :tflaugh I get "embellishment." ;)

re: the conehead seekers, your basic jet needs not just wings but tail fins / ailerons for attitude control (i.e. turning, takeoff/landing and stuff). I don't know how any of those guys would get off the ground.

So why are you (or everyone for that matter) so hard on Pat Lee? I understand that he became a douche of a business owner - but as a comic artist - I still dont think he was that bad. He was a large part of what helped this current upswing in G1 poplularity get going.

I never had a problem with Pat Lee's "style" until I was re-reading some of his first line of G1 comics, and I noticed that Prime's cab came to a point in the front in overhead views. Now, this isn't a problem so much because it was "inaccurate" or whatever. It's more that I realized Mr. Lee just didn't know how to draw a truck that looked like a truck... or a lot of other things, for that matter.

i guess the point is -

So why are you (or everyone for that matter) so hard on Pat Lee? I understand that he became a douche of a business owner - but as a comic artist - I still dont think he was that bad. He was a large part of what helped this current upswing in G1 poplularity get going.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't have a big problem with him. As you said, he was instrumental in reviving the G1 brand. The first time I saw a DW comic I was like HOLY F*CKING SH*T because ...well you know, Marvel sucks and they're making Transformers comics ZOMG

over time, the buzz wore off a bit and I started to dislike certain aspects of his style... all of which have been talked to death already. But I never hated him.

Guido Guidi is my personal favorite artist of the new bunch FWIW.

Wow!!! This is one crazy f'd up thread. You guys weren't kidding when I made the comment about MP SS being a "don't ask, don't tell" thing around here. I've never seen a figure polarize the TF community like this. Must be due to the fact that SS is such an iconic figure. More so than Megs himself even. Definitely the more ambitious of the two I would say. This is very similar to what all those TF live-action movie fan boys are going through with the leaked paint and design of Optimus.

That skywarp is sex with wings, although a little more darkner fuselage wouldnt hurt... for some reason both the Thundercracker and Skywarp digirecolours would have me sold, but I just can't see it as Starscream, all it would need is a more silvery grey and less pink...

i guess the point is -

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't have a big problem with him. As you said, he was instrumental in reviving the G1 brand. The first time I saw a DW comic I was like HOLY F*CKING SH*T because ...well you know, Marvel sucks and they're making Transformers comics ZOMG

over time, the buzz wore off a bit and I started to dislike certain aspects of his style... all of which have been talked to death already. But I never hated him.

Guido Guidi is my personal favorite artist of the new bunch FWIW.

I agree

I agree

Hell yeah. :clap

First post :clap

I feel a bit guilty I nearly gave up hope on him but now I’m glad I kept by per order. The only thing is will he have any more accessories like his crown, and is some pointless thing going to light up on him like the matrix’s on prime.

And one more thing what’s wrong with the white stripes?

Archived