Cybertron Soundwave problems

ErikB

ok, so i finaly found me a Soundwave today, and to my dissmay, there was a problem getting him back into jet mode. His legs gave me a TON of problems fitting into place. Also the bombs do not fit on the wings for crap and slide right off. Any suggestions? :redface

Soundwave's vehicle mode is very difficult to align.  Everything needs to be just right in order for it to work properly.

For the arms, make sure that they're lined up rivet-to-rivet, with the right shoulderpad pointing down, and the left shoulderpad pointing up.  I can't speak for Hasbro's instructions, but Takara's botched this part up badly, causing some major problems further down the road with alignment.  Anyways, once the shoulders are folded in properly, clip the left forearm to the right.  If done right, the left arm will be bent inwards one click at the shoulder joint, and one click backwards at the elbow.

For the legs, swing them all the way up, so that they're kicking straight forward (in relation to the hips).  Twist the lower legs so that the shins face outwards.  Position the hip joints so that they're splayed one click outwards each, and then bend the knees one click.  Then peg the feet into the nosecone, coax the knees onto the pegs on the wing assembly, and snap the shield down into place.  Also, there are tabs on the black "skirt" panels hanging off his hips that slot into holes in his wing assembly.

As for the bombs, make sure that you're lining up all the little tabs with the slots on his cartridges, or else they won't grip in place properly.

Soundwave's vehicle mode is very difficult to align.  Everything needs to be just right in order for it to work properly.

For the arms, make sure that they're lined up rivet-to-rivet, with the right shoulderpad pointing down, and the left shoulderpad pointing up.  I can't speak for Hasbro's instructions, but Takara's botched this part up badly, causing some major problems further down the road with alignment.  Anyways, once the shoulders are folded in properly, clip the left forearm to the right.  If done right, the left arm will be bent inwards one click at the shoulder joint, and one click backwards at the elbow.

For the legs, swing them all the way up, so that they're kicking straight forward (in relation to the hips).  Twist the lower legs so that the shins face outwards.  Position the hip joints so that they're splayed one click outwards each, and then bend the knees one click.  Then peg the feet into the nosecone, coax the knees onto the pegs on the wing assembly, and snap the shield down into place.  Also, there are tabs on the black "skirt" panels hanging off his hips that slot into holes in his wing assembly.

As for the bombs, make sure that you're lining up all the little tabs with the slots on his cartridges, or else they won't grip in place properly.

thnx man! :thumb

ya, i wish that I was content with keeping him always in robot mode, but his wobbly legs are only content with standing straight up, otherwise he gets a weird knock-knee'd look to him in action poses :(

Archived