Tai pvc

Greensight

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also a BotCon figure that Takara has placed a ban for any online pics. I tried to do a review on this toy (the full colour version), but I was ordered to take it down.

Cosmicrust.com is being very bold... if TakaraTomy ever sees that page, they'll be commanded to take it down (the pics at very least).

Oh... you don't know about the ugly debacle that was BotCon Japan 2000 - the last of the Japanese BotCons... it's a bad story that created a rift between Takara and Transfans. Takara has since tried to make amends with the fandom by trying to be more inclusive towards the fans, such as getting Ichikawa Hirofumi aboard -- Ichikawa being one of the fans that Takara majorly scorched at the con - in fact, it was Takara's treatment of Ichikawa that sparked a fandomwide backlash against Takara... not pretty, but I think Takara has rebuilt burnt bridges, so let's just get over it and move on...

And no, I don't have one. A friend of mine has one, and I borrowed his to review it.

They can threaten legal action. But the unfortunate thing is that there is no copyright restriction overseas for that kind of thing.

Why do you think all the things that aren't supposed to be online are on Russian websites?

:tflaugh

There are copyright restrictions in other countries, but some countries aren't as effectual in enforcing international copyright laws.

Transformers and all respective likenesses are intellectual property of HasTak, so they can most certainly elicit people to take images down or change URL names if they want to. Remember when it was really easy to download scans of the Marvel TF comics before they started reprinting them? And you may remember when BWTF.com was beastwars.net.

As for Takara's action, I'm not going to make any further public comment on this issue.

Archived