Alt Rollbar(DUW)

Cody2003

Here is my almost complete rollbar bash. It's mostly just detail painting. Only mods are the gun pack and system. I still need to paint the back of the front seats, and the rear seats, but I'm waiting until I finalize the system in the back so that the paint doesn't get scratched up.

rollbar11be.jpg

rollbar2.jpg

rollbar3.jpg

rollbar4.jpg

rollbar5.jpg

rollbar6.jpg

any comments/critiques are welcome. Rollbar was my first bash of hopefully many to come. including alt prime if and when we ever get it in my area.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my prowl in the works. Same deal as before, mostly painting. I give credit to Lobo for the paint scheme, since it was his bash that gave me the idea. customs so far are the seat, reverse leg mod, and nitrous tanks (ya, kinda cleche, but I thought it was kinda interresting for the figure. basically I themed him as if he were a retired patrol car which had been modded. works for me. lol. No bot mode pics as of yet, because he has no arms or head. they are getting their first coat of white as I type. 

prowl1.jpg

prowl2.jpg

This ratchet is for a friend. This is my favorite mold so I was more than happy to do it. mods so far are just paint. eventually I plan to replace all of the white with silver, and detail in blue. I can't decide if I want to keep the chrome on the canons or not. The H on the decklid is because the owners name is Henry, and he wanted it there. doesn't look bad though. Any ideas for bashing would be apreciated. so far I'm running dry for it.

ratchet1.jpg

ratchet2.jpg

ratchet3.jpg

rollbar and ratchet are up for renaming. custom plates are coming for all three (gotta be Tx plates.  :tftongue ), so the names are up in the air. Prowl is staying prowl though.

The ALTs are really impressive. I'm also loving your camera and stage work. The glass table and the reflections create some pretty cool visual effects

I like the weapons on rollbar, I thought of ripping off E hotshots junk myself. I got a mild 'bash in progress myself. So far all Ive done is paint all that ugly ass gold flat black, and puttied the ribs on his forearms. Still hunting a set of more aggressive, slightly bigger tires on wheels that dont suck, as well as an overhead lite bar for his alt mode, as well as a big fatass melee weapong for him. Mine will be alt Outrider, version 2.0....

I like the weapons on rollbar, I thought of ripping off E hotshots junk myself. I got a mild 'bash in progress myself. So far all Ive done is paint all that ugly ass gold flat black, and puttied the ribs on his forearms. Still hunting a set of more aggressive, slightly bigger tires on wheels that dont suck, as well as an overhead lite bar for his alt mode, as well as a big fatass melee weapong for him. Mine will be alt Outrider, version 2.0....

sounds sweet. If you find some nice mud bogger tires that fit these rims, or ones of similar size let me know. I might want to add them to mine as well.

......Still hunting a set of more aggressive, slightly bigger tires on wheels that dont suck....

The rims I have on Plowking came from a "Stomper" sized battery operated Jeep I got from Wal*mart. I think it was like $5 or something.

I think they were called Rough Riders, or Rock Climbers...each one comes with a "simulated rock" to climb. Just an f.y.i.  :thumb

I'm working on my namesake 2.0 also! I'm doing a few things differently, now that I'm more experienced in this hobby.

EDIT: They are identical to the wheels on the Jeep in your avatar Outrider

I put some bigger wheels on my Trailbreaker that looked great on the Jeep.  The wheels I used came off a Chevy Mad Mudder model kit. Unfortunately, that kit is no longer being made but you still might be able to find one in hobby stores.

You can get bigger wheels through specialty stores like this one.

RPP Hobby

They sell 44" and 49" Super Swampers with rims.  I'm pretty sure they're 1:24 scale but it doesn't say.  I tried calling them to find out but no one was around.  :tdown

They also sell some kits made by Aoshima that have the larger wheels.

BTW, Terrific customs Cody!  The paint apps look great!  :thumb

*edit*

I did some more checking.  They are 1:24 scale.  RPP has an eBay store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Rpp-Hobby_Super-Swa...8QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Archived