Energon Rack n' Ruin

The Librarian

Well, I'll probably be kicked off the board for this, but I happen to quite like Energon Wideload. No, really. (And I do mean Wideload, not his bright blue mistake of a brother, Duststorm)

Anyway, during my quest for the all green Devestator (that's Constructicon Maximus for Hasbro's benefit) I was toying about with my twin Wideloads when I suddenly noticed that it was possible to join them together. You just have to remove the crane from one and the hand from another and they plug together perfectly.

So, with a bit of practice, a bit of lego, some spare stickers and a few strips of double-sided sticky tape, I give you:

Rack n’ Ruin

Whilst the Decepticon’s attempts to replicate the Powerlinx process eventually led to the Cosntructicons, numerous earlier experiments resulted in the creation of highly unstable mechanoids who were quickly discarded as failures. Two such ‘prototypes’ were Rack and Ruin. Permanently fused together, they escaped from the scrap heap and eventually found their way to an Autobot base. Though the soldiers took them in, it soon became apparent that no one really knew what to do with the strange, conjoined robots. They were passed from squad to squad until they eventually ended up in the elite battle unit known as the Wreckers.

Harbouring deep-seated hatred for their creators, Rack n’ Ruin have turned that anger into an impressive Decepticon body count. Indeed, the sight of the two small Autobots charging across the battlefield wielding a turbo-hammer and a laser anvil is something most of Megatron’s lieutenants have come to dread.

rnr13vh.jpg

rnr43pf.th.jpg

rnr27lx.th.jpg

Using the anvil as a laser:

rnr36hv.th.jpg

Ouch! Wrecking and ruling in their own, unique style:

rnr50mf.th.jpg

They shouldn't really have an alt-mode but I gave them one anyway. And yes, it actually rolls along like that:

rnr66kw.th.jpg

This would look a lot better if I could a) paint or b) kitbash properly but I can't, so just view its as a cheap and cheerful way to update that most unusual of Wreckers.

Enjoy!

:rofl

Nice. :thumb

That sure was a weird TF they made up for the UK comics. Always wondered if it would transform into something. And you've actually given him a 'workable' altmode

Well, I'll probably be kicked off the board for this, but I happen to quite like Energon Wideload. No, really.

I like 'm too...well, for kitbashing that is. Reason I bought both version was to use them as a base for bashing. As a TF on it's own...well, that way I don't like 'm, but you can just make things from him.

Never once heard of the character ubtil now but fwiw that is indeed original. :thumb

The bio makes me feel sad for Rack n' Ruin :tfsad

I'm glad they're turning their anger into something productive though :tflaugh

I can see them now doing the same thing Gimli and Legolas did in The Two Towers, counting the number of bodies they take down.

Rack: 1, 2, 3...

Ruin: I'm up to 5 and a half...6.

You should mod the bio and make it so that we know the similarities and differences since they're just joined and not necessarily linked in their nueral nets.

Thanks everyone!

masterminicon: Oh...now that, I like! Yessss...I smell a fan-fic on the horizon...

Loki: a handy link.

Rawhide: They lost their alt-modes (in G1, that is) when they were fused.

A final shot, with his fellow Energon Wreckers (as I see tham), Springer, Landmine and Clawhammer (names changed to make them more fitting).

What caption fits here? In the words of the master...

WRECK AND RULE!!

wreckandrule9hf.jpg

:clap Inspired piece of work - I feel tempted to go and buy these guys after work (yep, Energon combiners can still be bought around here) and make one myself!

That sure was a weird TF they made up for the UK comics. Always wondered if it would transform into something. And you've actually given him a 'workable' altmode

This pic I drew a couple of years ago provides them with a working altmode. It was said that they transformed into fighter jets when they were separate so I stuck with an aircraft design.

Archived